Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Summer Time...

It has been a long time since my last post for several reasons. I will list them in this short list:
1. At the end of the year school became very intense.
2. Summer started and I did whatever came to mind!

Unfortunately blogging has not been an important part of my summer. It actually would not have been too interesting. But now that summer is coming to an end in the next week (I am actually dying inside) I am prepared to talk about it.

So, this summer I have done whatever I have wanted to. It has really been my favorite summer yet. I am going to give you a few highlights.

1. First of all I have been up to my parents lake house in Northern Wisconsin about four times. It is always a great time when I get up there. I can relax, ride ATVs on endless trails, eat my parents food, drink beer, bird watch, fish, spend time with family, and MORE! My dog also loves it there.

2. I have discoverd a plethora of spoken word entertainment for my iPod. The long drives to Wisconsin, hours of yard work, bike rides, running, and house cleaning are now not so bad because I have things to listen to do while I do them. I have listened to about about 9 books this summer in addition to lots of This American Life, Car Talk, and This Week in Tech.

3. I have caught up on a few video games. I finally beat Bioshock (awesome game), played through Mass Effect again (arguably my favorite game), got some Left 4 Dead in, and have dabled in GT4 and Fallout. There are more games that I would love to play but may have to shelve for now.

4. I have spent a lot of time with my Fiance. Brescia has finally moved into town and I have spent a lot time with her. We were apart for way too much time and our time together has been amazing. I am so exciting that we are finally together and FOREVER!!

There has been more that I have done this summer, but who really wants to hear about it. The thing that I am sorry about is that I haven't seen my friends too much this summer. I apologize to those that have missed me and to those that haven't. I am a good guy and haven't just flaked totally all summer, I have done things I enjoyed.

To those who are reading this blog for the med school insights...read on, things are coming. Next post (coming next week) I will be summarizing first year and looking ahead to second year. From now on I will try to focus on Med School with a few Guster dog moments kicked in.

Thanks,

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment