Monday, April 13, 2009

Little about Joe...

Hey Friends,

Why start a blog? Don't you have lots of TV to watch? Don't you have studying you should be doing? Isn't there facebook, twitter, google chat, and other mediums easier and quicker than a blog to reach people with?

The above were all question I began asking myself when I decided to start a blog. I am busy... or at least that is what I tell everyone I am. There is always something to do whether it is watching TV, studying, shopping online, chatting online, and occasionally exercising. A blog is something that I have always wanted to do for several reasons: I like talking about myself and what I am thinking, I like to think of myself as tech savy and a blog is something most tech savy people have, I have tried something like this in a few forms (those who know me remember Joe's advice on Darren's website and my Snow youtube video), and maybe one day my kiddies with read this and smile, laugh, or be totally embarressed.

Now if you don't know me read on...if you do then skip down to the word STOP!

Mini Biography time....
I am a 23 year old Osteopathic Medical student at the Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine in Iowa. I live in a small two bedroom house with my dog Guster. My fiance Brescia (bresch-ah) is currently living in Madison, WI where she is finishing up her undergraduate degree. My parents are still living in my home town, my sister lives with her fiance in St. Paul, MN, and my brother goes to college in Oshkosh, WI. I am from the great state of Wisconsin where I grew up in Onalaska (west side of the state near LaCrosse) and graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 2008 with a Bachelors of Sciences in Biology. I love TV, video games, computers, taco bell, biking, basketball, science fictiton and fantasy books, and much more that you will learn about right here.

STOP!

So the blog is about a lot of things one of them including chronicling my trip through medical school. It has been a long first year but at the same time a short year. I'm usually in one of two phases, "crazy worry about test phase" or "eh, I can do it later phase." While that probably isn't the best system, it is what I got now. I can tell you that I have learned so much about so many things but at the same time I have so much more to learn. It's going to be fun putting down my thoughts about school and I am glad you get to read it.

Now I will end my post the way my father ends every one of the millions of emails he sends...

Thanks,

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment